Guess what? It’s brilliant. It does exactly what I always wanted to write (and never came around doing) for the Unit Tests of the GExperts Code Formatter.
Those tests basically consist of a set of input files in one directory and for each of the tested configurations another set of files with the expected output. It always irked me that I actually had to write some code every time I added a new test instead of simply adding another bunch of files.
Today I changed those tests to use Uwe’s unit (with a few modifications to make it compatible to Delphi 2007). And I found that there were quite a few files which didn’t even get tested at all, because I forgot to add the code.
I’m happy to report that even with these additional tests, the number of failed tests did not increase.