The new GExperts version still supports all Delphi versions back to Delphi 6 (with the notable exception of Delphi 8) and even the Delphi 11 version is no longer in Beta state.
There are even a few new features:
- Fast add mode for the Uses Clause Manager is back.
- Uses Clause Manager: Units “System” and “SysInit” and those already in the uses list are marked with strike through font.
- New functionality to import the favourites from the Wuppdi Welcome Page
- Form Hotkeys expert now allows assigning hotkeys.
- For the Edit Path expert one can now select the default platform / configuration to edit
- Grep no longer stops when it encounters an error (e.g. a file cannot be found or opened).
- The Expert manager can now change the order in which the experts are being loaded.
- A non feature: The Goto Previous/Next Modifications editor experts were removed because they caused more trouble than they were worth.
Several of those were contributed by GExperts users. Thanks a lot guys (and one girl).
And of course a few bug fixes.
I took a long time for this release because there was a show stopper bug with Delphi 11: Sometimes the code formatter simply didn’t do anything. There is now a workaround for this problem so it should be fixed.
Head over to the GExperts download page to get it.