I managed to mess up my blog. The content is still there, but all the screenshots are missing since apparently they are not part of the export. Fortunately my hoster 1&1 makes a daily backup of my webspace which is stored for 6 days, so I could restore the pictures. (After praising them, let me add that I lost the data because their automatic conversion from managed to normal blog did not work, so I tried to revert, which deleted everything.)
My hoster has updated my WordPress installation to the latest version (and broke it for several days). What they also did was disable my option to set the site address and wordpress address to https rather than http. So, now even though the site is still available through https://blog.dummzeuch.de it now longer automatically forces https connections. Thanks a lot. 🙁
What’s even worse: It reverses to plain http sometimes for no reason I can determine. e.g. I have been writing this post through http because I didn’t notice that until now. Thanks even more. :-((
Just in case you want to show your appreciation for my blog posts, my open source tools and libraries and my contributions to other tools and libraries, now you can: I have created a profile at Flattr and embedded a button in my blog.
For now, this is mostly a test to see whether it actually works as described, but feel free to “flattr” me anyway.
Just in case you haven’t noticed: My blog is now also available via HTTPS.
Since Delphi Feeds doesn’t list my blog any more and generally isn’t very fast in responding to requests for adding or removing feeds, I have created my own aggregated feed: Delphi Pipe. It’s done with Yahoo Pipes and currently contains the following feeds in no particular order (*1):
- Delphi 10 VCL EN Update Training – 13 tot en met 17 november 2017
- OmniThreadLibrary 3.07.4 has been released
- Implementing AJAX and JSONP Support in RAD Server for ExtJS
- Configuring DprojSplitter to Your Needs
- delphi – VCL events with anonymous methods – what do you think about this implementation? – Stack Overflow
- Robert “Uncle Bob” Martin is Speaking at CodeRage XII
- Robert “Uncle Bob” Martin is Speaking at CodeRage XII
- Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 5
- Remote debugger recalcitrance
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [Intermezzo]
- Why Delphi users love @TMSsoftwareNews: bugfix within 2.5 hours.
- TEncryptedIniFile: easy to use class for handling app settings with encryption in Delphi – TMS Software Blog
- Project corruption bug
- Enhancements to GExperts Grep
- Delphi build/install/launch Android app from the command-line
- EKON 21
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [6. AST Dumper]
- Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 4
- Adding a Custom Icon to a FireMonkey Button
- Adding a Glyph Icon to a FireMonkey Button
- Join Andrea Magni in Millan for a Special ExtJS Event
- ThreadBarrier/ThreadBarrier.pas at master · lordcrc/ThreadBarrier
- Talking at ITDevCon 2017, Tomorrow
- `Inc(I)` versus `I := I + 1;` in Delphi – they’re the same, but not atomic per se.
- Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 3
- New “Delphi Memory Management” book is a hit!
- New in 10.2.1: Debug visualisers for Delphi generics
- Visual Studio Code – getting started – some links
- My Courses on the New Embarcadero Academy
- Embarcadero Academy
- reStructuredText Interpreted Text Roles
- A bit of Kylix history…
- Why I Choose Delphi Summary
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [5. Framework]
- Mercury13/curl4delphi: A little libcURL binding for Delphi XE2+. Supports “easy” interface only. See wiki for more documentation.
- dzDebugVisualizers for Delphi 2005, 2006 and 2007 2017-09-30
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [4. Parser]
- InterBase 2017 Update 1 and Delphi
- Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 2
- CodeRage XII – Nov 7th – 9th – Call for Papers!
- IDE Fix Pack 6.0 released – dcc64 and 10.2 Update 1 support
- Build iOS 11 ready apps with RAD Studio 10.2.1
- Ext JS, Kitto and uniGUI, Oh My!
- How I use Linux to write software for multiple target platforms using Wine, Delphi 7, Lazarus and Delphi Berlin
- Updating IDE Subversion DLLs to address security issues
- Building a Google Drive VCL application using Enterprise Connectors
- Amazon DynamoDB with Delphi
- Looking for more examples of Unicode/Ansi oddities in Delphi 2009+
- Make your Delphi applications pop with Font Awesome!
- TObjectList vs TObjectDictionary
- Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 1
- Dependency Analysis – Pascal Today
- Bugfix for DprojNormalizer available
- Modernize your apps with new styles from DelphiStyles.com
- Delphi and C++Builder Fest in Eindhoven Today
- Delphi and Linux
- delphi – Is AtomicCmpExchange reliable on all platforms? – Stack Overflow
- Checking KeyPress is not the place to do your input validation
- Delphi and RAD Studio Roadmap Update Publsihed
- Match of the Day
- “Expert Delphi” webinar replay – Part 2
- Visiting Delphi Conference in Poland Next Week
- Must Have RAD Accessories – Lockbox
- Get Started with RAD Studio 10.2.1 using Sample Projects
- GetIt Content Update, September 2017
- “Expert Delphi – Part 1” Webinar Replay
- Agile is Dead. Long Live Agility and Pragmatism.
- Cool Advanced Troubleshooting Technique – WinDbg
- Delphi code of the day…
- Expert Delphi Webinars with Paweł Glowacki
- The Panthera Project – Part 7 – Themes
- 12 Years of Blogging
- UniGUI Web Application Development with Delphi + Sencha ExtJS
- Autumn is coming …
- Hotfix for 10.2.1 Inherited VCL Forms Released
- Brisbane Meeting – September 2017
- Delphi analog to C# ?? null-coalescing operator and Light Table like debugger evaluation
- The LAB: Delphi and C++Builder conference, Sept 19th, NL
- Windows – WorldTransform on the Printer’s Canvas can be a challenge…
- Introducing OmniThreadLibrary Core
- dzPrepBuild 1.3.2 released
- Delphi instance methods and value types
- Must Have RAD Accessories – Documentation Insight
- Smart pointers
- RAD Server Solution Series: [Hospitality] Restaurant Survey Application
- Simulating Transparent Dialog on FireMonkey Mobile
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [3. Tokenizer]
- Delphi “The LAB” – 19 september 2017
- Delphi Blogs of the (Week) Month #55
- Implicitly imported units in a package.
- Delphi code completion but more relaxed
- Delphi TGridPanel – how to get all SizeStyle=ssPercent cells to get the same auto-calculated Value – via StackOverflow
- Using Delphi Parse API with Any Parse Server Hosting
- Sencha aquired by Embarcadero (Idera)
- Enterprise Connectors are now live
- gZoom – Delphi Implementation of the Missing Mode in Windows Magnifier
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [2. Abstract Syntax Tree]
- Must Have RAD Accessories – InnoSetup
- More beautiful code by Asbjørn Heid
- Writing a Simple DSL Compiler with Delphi [1. The Language]
Many of these are also on Delphi Feeds and there are probably many interesting feeds that are still missing. If you want to add a feed, please contact me via my Gooogle+ profile or post a comment to the announcement on Google+. I promise to do my best to maintain the pipe, but that doesn’t mean that I will respond immediately.
You can see the current content of the pipe to the right.
I have also created a static page and subdomain for it: delphipipe.dummzeuch.de
(*1: Meaning that I have yet to be able to create a meaningful sort order for the rss feed listing the sources.)
I just deleted over 700 “users” who registered to my blog. Most, I am sure, were just spam bots, I am sorry if some of you were real people.
Registering is now blocked as is commenting. I got tired of all the notification e-mails from WordPress. In over a year there was only ever two comments that were not spam. It’s just not worth the effort. If you want to communicate with me more directly, use my Google+ profile
Some of you might have wondered why my blog is no longer distributed via DelphiFeeds. The reason is not, that I don’t want it to be, but apparently DelphiFeeds is no longer maintained. All my attempts to get my new blog added (and the old, defunct feed removed) failed.
I am really sorry about this because I find DelphiFeeds extremely usefull.
As of today, I have moved my block from my old home page www.dummzeuch.de to this new, WordPress based blog on blog.dummzeuch.de. The old page will continue to be available under the old url, but if you want to follow me, you should change your bookmarks and rss feeds to this new blog.
The reasons for the change are:
- I wanted a more modern approach than my home grown, template based system, which used webmake to generate the actual html pages. Some functions were broken because they relied on a specific webmake version, in particular each update resulted in uploading all the html files to the server. I tried to fix this problem several times but somehow never managed to finish, most times I got interrupted (life has a tendency to intrude on my online activities 😉 ) or lost interest.
- The frequency of my blog posts have been in decline for several years. One reason was that I had to power up my netbook with the webmake installation and sources for every post. I couldn’t be bothered too often to do that. I hope that being able to post from any computer will result in more frequent posts.
Also I will abandon posting in English and German. Most of my readers do read English, so I will not bother with content in German any more.
Posting mobile doesn’t really work very well. Unfortunately the WordPress app does not support the WordPress installation provided by 1&1 (who host dummzeuch.de).