I just released GExperts 1.3.15 for all supported Delphi versions.
There have again been various bug fixes and the following notable changes:
- There is now a start menu entry for a new stand alone version of the GExperts Code Formatter. Note that it not only has a GUI for selecting a single file to format and show the settings dialog, but can also be called with a list of files to be formatted. So, you could for example drag a group of files onto the executable to format them all. I plan to expand that command line interface in the future to allow formatting all files in a project or in a directory and its subdirectories.
- Talking about the code formatter: Many more bugs have been fixed. A while ago I was actually thinking I got them all, but unfortunately that turned out to be a delusion. 😉
- The GoTo Line Number dialog enhancer has been removed and replaced with a Go To expert with the same functionality but its own dialog, which has a setting to replace the Search -> Go to Line Number menu entry. If you have any suggestions on further improving that expert, please file a feature request.
- Bugfix for the PE Information expert: It should now display all exported class names.
- Many changes to the Uses Clause Manager expert (most of them contributed by Peter Panettone)
- Bugfixes for the Identifier tab. It wrongly found some identifiers that just weren’t exported from that unit
- It now highlights any units it will add.
- It can now parse map files generated by the Win64 compiler, not just those from the Win32 compiler
- It now shows an error message if it cannot use the map file and resorts to the dpr file.
- The filter on the Identfier tab now has two modes:
- Match anywhere
- Match at start
- There is now a status bar that shows the full file name of the currently selected unit. A popup menu allows to
- Copy that file name to the clipboard
- Copy that file to the clipboard (like pressing Ctrl+C on the file name in the Windows File Explorer)
- Open the file’s location in the Windows File Explorer
- The library path for Delphi XE and later was wrong, so the VCL/RTL tab was always empty.
- There was a bug with the Clipboard History expert: It still hooked the clipboard even if it was disabled. In addition it could kill the IDE when it added new entries to the (possibly invisible) list view. Under some strange conditions setting the text of a memo apparently can fail with an EInvalidOperation exception. This exception was not caught and since it happened deep inside a chain of event handlers, it caused an Access Violation somewhere which then silently killed the IDE. That one was quite difficult to track down.
- Improvement to the Backup Project expert: A new dialog shows any files it cannot find and it only shows each file once, not every time it does not find it. This was particularly annoying with include files.
- And last, but not least: The GExperts version for Delphi 10.3 is now compiled with the latest and greatest Delphi 10.3 update 3 release. Let’s hope this fixed some bugs and hasn’t introduced any new ones. (Unfortunately RSP-25645 “Creating sub components with IOTAFormEditor.CreateComponent raises access violation” still hasn’t been fixed, so replacing e.g. TTable with TSqlTable still does not work.)
The new version is available for download on the GExperts download page.