A few months ago I added the “Identifiers” tab to the GExperts Uses Clause Manager. It allows you to search for a unit that exports a given identifier. It works a bit like the “Find Unit” refactoring in the IDE since Delphi 2005.
That feature starts a background thread that parses all units in the search path to get a list of identifiers these units export. It works well with Delphi 2007 but recently I discovered that in Delphi 10.3.2 it finds “FreeAndNil” in various units which I am sure don’t export it:
So something must have been wrong with the parsing code.
It turned out that there were several bugs in that code, all related to language features added to Delphi later than Delphi 2007 (You may remember that I stated several times that I still do most of my work with Delphi 2007 so that version is the one with which GExperts has been tested extensively.).
These bugs have now been fixed and “FreeAndNil” only gets me the expected short list of units: