Jul 082015
 

When the Delphi XE8 update1 was released it was also about the time for our company to renew my Delphi subscription. Unfortunately our accounting department fouled up paying the bill so for a short while my subscription was not valid. I knew nothing about this and installed the "Subscription Update". This left me with the following message.
An Update Subscription for Embarcadero Delphi XE8 is required which has expired prior to this release.
"An Update Subscription for Embarcadero Delphi XE8 is required which has expired prior to this release."

Not quite what you want to read when you update your development environment. The first thing I tried was uninstalling Delphi and reinstalling it from the ISO that included update 1. It didn’t help at all.

Then I got sidetracked (work always interferes with fun, doesn’t it 😉 ).

Only last Friday I came around to submitting a support ticket to Embarcadero, describing the issue. The fix turned out to be very easy:

  1. Open the licensemanager.exe from the bin directory
  2. Choose Update
  3. Restart the IDE.

It just worked.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: