GORM is an editor for .po files that was originally written by Lars Dybdahl and to which I have been contributing quite a few features in recent years. Since Lars is too busy to do a release and currently even the original download doesn’t seem to work, I have compiled the current sources and provide a download here:
In addition to the features described on the Gorm homepage this new version can do the following:
- Edit the po file header.
- Auto translate, using Google translate (not sure whether it is still available) or Microsoft Translator. Both need an application key that is not part of Gorm.
- Auto translate from a local translation repository, which is an MS Access database, one per language, that can be shared by multiple developers
- Auto translate using translation memory, that is a po file that is automatically generated.
- Load and save translations to be ignored from a ignore.po file.
- In addition to English, I provide it with German localization, that, of course, is created with Gorm itself.
The sources are available from the dxgettext repository on sourceforge.
Of course I like Gorm much better than PoEdit and other alternatives. If there are any bugs, that’s probably my fault.