Dec 292012
 

Some might know that I have been using and contributing to the GnuGetText for Delphi and C++ Builder project. I just had another look into the gnugettext unit and found that it was rather difficult to understand the logic behind all these if(n)defs that refer to specific Delphi versions and older.

I have now changed the way it works by introducing conditional defines based on compiler / RTL features rather than a range of Delphi versions. These defines are set depending on the Delphi version that supports them. There are currently:

  • dx_has_Unsafe_Warnings
  • dx_has_WideStrings
  • dx_Hinstance_is_Integer
  • dx_NativeInt_is_Integer
  • dx_StringList_has_OwnsObjects
  • dx_GetStrProp_reads_unicode

Also, there was a bug because of the these difficult to read ifdefs regarding the handling of the TStringList.OwnsObjects which exists in Delphi 2009 and later. This should be fixed now as well.

And last but not least I removed a warning when compiling with Delphi XE3.

These changes are in the subversion repository on SourceForge.

Be warned: I have only superficially tested them. If you find a problem with it, please let me know.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: